Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Someday: Pontoon Boat

Lazy Spring day on the Bighorn River
Do you ever find your head in the clouds daydreaming about fishing.  I have a lot lately. Fly fishing, like most hobbies/pastimes, can take up an enormous amount of time and resources.  With so many products I've yet to try and so many experiences I've yet to have, it's only natural that a boy dreams of what could become of this unbelievable pastime of ours.

One thing I have been dreaming about for some time now is owning a pontoon boat.  Not the kind of pontoon that Little Big Town make sound so dreamy, or the kind that my wife begs me to consider so that we can take friends out on the water for BBQs.  No, I want the kind of pontoon boat that will allow me to stealthily pursue a pod of feeding carp before standing to present my offering; or one that will allow me to drift the bighorn river with ease and precision.  A few I've had my eyes on are the NFO Outlaw X5 and the Fish Cat 13 (for two).  After using a pontoon for the first time last year, I'm sold.  Their versatility and ease of use would be valuable whether in the Black Hills or on the Missouri In Pierre.  Think of the possibilities...  : )  Any others I should consider?

Fish Cat 13.  Would be great to practice my guiding skills on the Missouri.  That will be the topic of a future Sunday Someday.

Outlaw X5

No comments:

Post a Comment