Friday, January 25, 2013

F3T 2013 Coming to Rapid City

I'll say I am a fan of the F3T tour.  I check the website often for updated content and trailers.  I was bummed last year when I had to rip the F3T Tour for poor video quality and, we'll call it, "professionalism" at their 2012 event.  That's why I vowed to steer clear of the event in 2013.  So why do I now have a ticket to attend the 2013 show next week in Rapid City?  I don't know...


As I think about it, I suppose there are a few reasons I suddenly used to justified the time and expense of making the 2.5 hour trip to the "big(ger) city".  First, I just looked at the trailers for this year, and they look awesome.  Hell, "Hit Em Again Doc" is going to be worth it on its own.  The "Doc of the Drakes" film in 2012 was amazing and made the entire thing worth my while.  I can't wait to see #2!!

For some reason, I feel some need to be included in the Black Hills fly fishing community.  There are so many passionate fly fishermen and women in the hills that I don't know.  This is a chance to meet a few.

I hope to make it out early enough to support my "local" fly shop.  I've been meaning to speak with the guys at Dakota Angler and Outfitter about a steelhead setup.  I'm making it happen in 2013!

If worse comes to worse, I'll have a nice new hat (hopefully) and some backup plans ready for action.  I'll make it a point to see some friends while out there, and will definitely get out on Rapid Creek for an hour or two.

I know I'll have a good time, I just need to lower my expectations a bit for the films.  This is becoming an annual opportunity for me to get to the hills, which is worth the trip on its own.

Details

What:  F3T - Fly Fishing Film Tour
When:  January 30th, 2013 - 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Where:  
Elks Theatre
512 6th St.
Rapid City, S.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment