Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cabin Fever...Carp Dreams

My passion for fishing is greater than just a fly rod and reel.  Spinning tackle, bait-casters, and even ice fishing equipment are all a part of my repertoire throughout a fishing season.  With winter bringing ice to Pierre, my "cabin fever" is typically cured by a quick drive to the grasslands to catch bass and gills through the ice.  As time on the water becomes sparse and my priorities continue to change, however, I find myself allocating less time for non fly-fishing related activities.  Not only "real" time, but imagination time as well.  Dreaming of being on the water takes up a lot of the time when I'm not fishing.  Usually I jump around a lot, based on the latest blog or fly-tying video I've watched online.   Lately I've been dreaming of CARP!  I only dedicated a few days to carp fishing in 2012.  That will undoubtedly increase for 2013 as I search for new patterns, hot spots in and around Pierre, S.D. and any Carp willing to take a look at a fly.  This one was a taker on a beautiful August day in 2012.  I'll be looking for more this year.

Nice Lake Sharp Carp captured on the recently submersed  Go Pro.  

No comments:

Post a Comment