Saturday, January 19, 2013

Photographer wanted

I love to fish so much.  I've been fortunate to have come to know individuals and acquire enough resources that have allowed for my development as a fisherman while ensuring success on the water.  I have never cared to document my adventures or prove my catch with photos, because that simply was not the reason I spent time on the water.  I just enjoy fishing.  If I catch fish, I catch fish.  If I don't, I don't.  That's that.  And I love it.

I've caught enough fish in my lifetime to allow a certain feeling of satisfaction as a fisherman.  My memories of those catches, however, are fuzzy at best.  Yes, I can remember one here and another there; but it's the days when things are tough, when only one or no fish are caught and you have to work your tail off to get what you get (without throwing a fit).  The days in which photos would only depict anguish and turmoil, but would allow you to reminisce with a, "that was tough, but what a great day."  Even the days where it seems like you could do no wrong, and the fish seemingly line up to get a look at the next fly you plan to offer.

Having a great photographer at your side is not necessarily the key here, but having a like-minded friend who shares your passion for fishing and would go to the extent to find those "great" days along with you.  I've yet to find that person.  Someone to help create and capture those fishing memories that become so welcome when time on the water becomes so hard to find.  Anyone want to go fishing?

 Shaun from Dakota Angler and Outfitter with a nice Black Hills Bow



No comments:

Post a Comment