Sunday, February 10, 2013

RIP: Ron Noren





We lost a good man today.  Ron Noren was many things.  Trapshooter, gambler, pool player, organizer, and feed salesman.  Above all, he was an amazing father, husband, grandfather and friend.  Ron's passion for his family, friends and hobbies was second to none.  Everyone that had a connection to Ronnie would have nothing but great things to say about his character.  He left a legacy, not only in his community, but the state of Minnesota and in many lives.  Ron is one of the greatest men I've ever known.

I wish I would have told him how much I respected him.  How much I appreciated him every day for raising such a great daughter and allowing me to marry her.  For him being such a special presence in his granddaughters' lives.  I wish we would have talked about that stuff once in a while.  But it was always about sports, his latest gambling conquest, the local fishing report or future trip plans.  We were content with leaving the conversation at that knowing there would be another time to see each other again.   Until "another day" is not a possibility.

I have a lot of regrets in my life, but hate this one the most.  Why did he have to leave so early?  Why couldn't I have just told him every time I saw him that I was thankful for everything he did and respected the hell out of him.  That's just not the relationship we had, and not really the person I am.  I sure wish I was.

Ron died of a stroke.  One of his arteries was blocked by a clot.  Please, if you are 40 or older, go to your nearest heart hospital and have your ticker tested.  This will cost you $50 - $100 bucks max.  And please, next time you're with loved ones, give them a big hug, tell them you love them and are thankful for them.  You might not have another chance.  We already miss you Ronnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment