Sunday, February 3, 2013

Keeping your hands warm in the winter

Glacier Gloves (Ice Bay) aiding in the release of a winter rainbow

In my mind, its hard to argue with the claim that the winter months hold the greatest fishing opportunities around.  Cold weather concentrates the fish in many areas and limits the number of fisherman you will find on the water.  It also makes my fingers very cold!!!

Your hands are by far your most important tool while fishing.  In my case, with appendages that teeter on useless after a short period of time in the cold, a good set of gloves can make or break my winter fishing experience.  That's why I LOVE glacier gloves!!

For years I've struggled to find the glove that fit right, kept my hands warm (or warm enough to function) and were waterproof.  Fingerless gloves didn't work, the one's with the flaps were a pain in the butt, and fleece gloves just sopped up water and were uncomfortable.  That's why I made the investment into Glacier Gloves, specifically the Ice Bay and the Pro Angler series.  Both styles have allowed me to fish longer, in colder temps and catch more fish than I ever have during the winter months.  Fleece lined neoprene provides warmth and waterproofing all in one.  The foldable index finger and thumb of the Pro Anglers is great for allowing quick access without removing your gloves on the water and the durability of both styles is second to none.  I also use the Ice Bays while ice fishing.  No more wet hands for me!  Also great for protecting from rain, sleet and snow.  If you are having trouble finding the right glove for you, I'd highly recommend trying the Glacier Gloves.  One of the best investments I've ever made for fishing the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment