Thursday, February 7, 2013

Knots to Know

I've posted previously on how important it is to tie good knots.  Well, below is a great resource from TakeMeFishing.org for some simple and effective knots to use on your next trip.  Practice before getting on the water to ensure you are comfortable tying a strong knot.  My favorite?  Depends on the situation and the pattern.  But the knot I tie 90% of the time is the improved clinch knot.  I can't remember the last time I lost a fish (due to knot failure) after tying a strong improved clinch knot.  I also like the uni-knot in certain situations.  Remember, tie them at a speed that is comfortable for you and make sure it stays.  That extra couple seconds ensuring the security of that knot (or re-tying it) could be the difference maker when that big fish takes.



No comments:

Post a Comment