Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tying to Catch a Fish

The annual Bighorn River adventure holds a special place in the hearts of Tuesday Tyers members who have participated.  When I first joined the group, spectacular tales of fish catching, river tips and tricks, and planning talk for future trips filled our tying nights.  When I was invited to tag along, I was nervous.  "What if I don't catch any fish?" I thought.  It wasn't until I joined this group on their adventure that I realized that catching fish (while always a goal) was not the ultimate objective.  This trip means more than just fish.  It is an escape... from others and ourselves.  It is a chance to wade waste deep in water with thousands of fish who are happy to set up in the feeding lane behind your legs.  A chance to drift effortlessly down a river full of beauty and majesty.  A chance to meet friendly folks both enjoying the resource and using it to make a living.  All of this while trying to get close to some of the most beautiful fish one can imagine.

I'm bummed to not be going on this year's adventure, but excited for those who are planning to attend.  To help them get ready for the trip, and to provide a few laughs in the process, here is a video of last year's adventure.  Mostly just fish being released, but some good memories mixed in.  Enjoy!


 
Bighorn 2014 from Buddy Seiner on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment